Okay, today is possibly one of the best days of the year, yes people it’s pancake day. The day where you can eat as many pancakes as you wish and nobody judges you. Okay they might but you don’t care today, it’s pancake day.
I was really proud of myself for getting up that little bit earlier (5:45 rather than 6am, thank you very much) to make some for breakfast before work.
I’m by no means very adventurous when it comes to a pancake breakfast. Pass me the Nutella and a few strawberries and I’m more than happy. Tis morning I settled with Nutella. Can you really go wrong with chocolate at 6am? Nah, didn’t think so, love!
For years one of my elder sisters spoilt me rotten always cooking and baking for me so until I moved to England 5 Years ago I had NEVER made my own pancakes. I wasn’t even 100% sure I would be able to do it. I did… It took a few goes but I’m all good now, I’ve got it!
So, I obviously follow a very simple recipe that all of you could do eyes closed….I have made a shopping list below and you can get everything in your local shop no doubt.
Ingredients: (this makes about 6ish pancakes)
- 300ml Milk
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 300g Self raising Flour
- 1tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- Butter (for cooking)
- Nutella/Bananas/ Strawberries… Toppings of your choice really
(In this batch I added 2 tsps of vanilla essence, just for some extra flavour)
Things you will need with your ingredients:
- Mixing Bowl (large)
- Weighing scales/ something to measure
- Whisk / Fork for mixing
- Chefs Hat… this is for decoration, you don’t really NEED this!
- Frying Pan (non stick and me are pretty close so I would recommend them)
Lets get this started:
If you have decided to get a chef’s hat, put that bad boy on and lets begin…
- Weigh about your ingredients and put the flour, baking powder & sugar into your mixing bowl and throw in a pinch of salt for good luck.
- Crack in the eggs and start whisking until the batter is smooth. Please add the milk in whilst you’re whisking. (if you want to, add the vanilla essence here!0
- Heat a small knob of butter in your frying pan until you can hear the sizzle. Add spoonful’s of batter in making your pancakes as big or small as you please . When you start to see bubbles form on the surface, do a quick flip and cook the other side. Repeat this until all the batter is gone!
- Serve warm with whatever toppings you have chosen and enjoy!
Hopefully you find that little recipe helpful, I know I do!