Hope you all had a fabulous weekend what ever you got up to. Mine wasn’t very hectic this week, thankfully. I managed to sneak in a lay in on both Saturday and Sunday so I can’t really complain. As I mentioned in last weeks post, I had my friends birthday on Saturday night. It wasn’t too wild of a night and I woke up surprisingly fresh on Sunday so I was only delighted to see the amazing weather and get out in it. I spent the morning dossing about my flat and then went for a few drinks with some friends for the afternoon/ evening.
(sorry for the crappy photo, it’s the only one I took!)
Now, back to my cooking!! I decided when I finished work on Friday I wouldn’t be going out so I would make something new in the hope it would turn out good and I could share it with you all. You are in luck, it turned out better than I hoped and I have been singing my own praise about it since Friday night.
I decided to make Chicken paprika burgers with homemade potato wedges. A lot of this recipe is down to preparation so I will say it seems time consuming but it’s worth it in the end.
For this recipe, you need: (this is enough for 3 burgers)
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 red chillies (you may want to add more if you enjoy spicy food)
- 1 red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp malt vinegar
- 2tbsp paprika (I used smoked paprika)
- 2tsp onion powder
- 1tsp sugar
- black pepper
- Burger Buns
- Toppings of your choice for your burger (lettuce, tomato, cheese etc.)
Seasoning for your potato wedges:
- 2 baking potatoes
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1/2tbsp onion powder
- 3tbsp of the chicken marinade,
- 100g mayonnaise
- In your blender, add red chillies, pepper, garlic cloves, oil, vinegar, paprika, onion powder, sugar, salt and pepper. Blend this until you get a smooth consistency. Once this is done, keep 3tbsp for your burger sauce later.
- Place your chicken breasts in a bowl, add the marinade sauce , cover over and pop into the fridge (the longer you leave this, the nicer the flavour so I suggest leaving it for min 2 hrs).
- Once your chicken is in the fridge getting sauced up… Slice your potatoes into a wedge or chip shape, your choice and mix them up with the seasoning.
- Place your wedges on a baking tray and cook for 40 mins at 190 degrees (fan oven)
- While they are being baked, it’s time to make the burger sauce, for this combine the marinade to made earlier for the chicken with mayonnaise. Simple!
- To cook the chicken, I used a non-stick pan and fried until cooked through.
- Toast your burger buns
- Put your burgers together and enjoy!