Happy Thursday everyone and welcome back to another Savvy Shopping post. Moving on from last week’s post about coats I thought knitwear was every bit as important to discuss! Everyone needs some nice jumpers and cardigans in their wardrobe to jazz up an outfit and most of all, to stay warm! I know everyone always wants to live in the warmer climates and dreads the winter coming in but I just love cosy, chunky clothes. When it comes to styling knitwear, it’s very difficult to go wrong. As long as you are warm, comfortable and feel amazing that’s all that matters! I don’t really need to explain much more to you I don’t think, so lets crack on with what I have found.
I will pop in some tips’n’tricks along the way about keeping your knitwear in good condition for as long as you can.
- As silly as it may be to some, follow the wash care label. It’s there to help you! I don’t know how many jumpers I have lost over the years by not paying attention to the label telling me what to do!!
- If the knitwear in question contains wool: AVOID HEAT!!
- If your knitwear starts to bobble/ starts pilling, you can buy an electric fabric shaver or if you are in a hurry, you could use a clean razor! This helps remove all the pilling and makes the garment look fresh again.
- After washing your (non wool) jumpers/cardigans in a wash machine, re-shape them when you take them out.
- If you can, lay your knits flat when drying.
- I would advise not to hang wool garments or cashmere. The fabric will stretch and loose its shape over time.
- Best way to store your knitwear is to fold and keep it flat as this will help to keep it’s original shape.
- Always store clean garments in cool, dry places
I really hope you have found something you like in this post and as ever, keep in touch and let me know if you found it helpful.
*I USE AFFILIATE LINKS
You as a customer won’t pay more because I have used an affiliate link, it does not affect you in any way other than a small percentage of the sale may go to the person who generated the link.