We have been pretty lucky in the UK with the weather. The summer was amazing and even the transition into autumn hasn’t been as bad as it could have been, but the past week or so the cold has really hit in. I mean it’s not ideal that a lot of my coats are still in Ireland because I could do with them right about now but I won’t dwell, it gives me a reason to buy a new one, right? Well, at the very least look, lust and dream!!
With the cold weather most likely here to stay I know I have to change up my working wardrobe. Those summer dresses are being hidden at the back of the wardrobe whilst I pull out all the warm clothes! I walk to work pretty early in the mornings so staying warm but still looking good is always on my mind. This week I have put together some looks that will look stylish and still keep you warm. For this I wanted to create some more corporate looks along with maybe more relaxed office vibes looks. Every work place has their own way of dressing and although the office I work in, is more casual I understand not everyone has that luxury.
- You should always invest in some staple pieces for work. This is clothing you are wearing on average of 8hrs a day, 5 days a week. You want something that will last and still look good after 30+ wears.
- If like me, you walk a few miles to and from work, you need to get comfy shoes. If you have to wear heels for your job, I would seriously recommend wearing comfy flats for your walk and bring heels in a separate tote bag. Your feet don’t need to walk 100’s of miles in heels. It’s not good for you.
- Always iron your work clothes. We live in a world where everyone wants to be photo perfect but the amount of times I see people in meetings or just around the office with clothes that are crying out to be ironed. It doesn’t take long and YES you can normally notice and it makes a massive difference.
- When possible plan your work clothes the night before. This means you will wake up more organised and your outfit won’t be rushed together. You have a chance to look your best!
- When you buy work clothing, especially for corporate wear, I think it’s so important you find yourself a tailor/dressmaker. Getting your clothing altered just a tiny bit so they look made for you makes a huge difference to your look. I cannot stress how much better your clothes will look if they fit you perfectly.
The looks I have put together will hopefully help you style your work clothes a little easier for the next few months. You will notice I have used some of the same pieces a few times. this is just to highlight that by buying smarter you can achieve much more from your wardrobe!
This option you could wear with both heels or trainers, both would work well!
I know that was quite a lot but if you got to here, I really hope you enjoyed this. I have been getting great feedback from you on my previous posts, thank you so much! So, if there is anything you would like to see, just get in touch. I love finding out what you’re after.
Enjoy your evening!